Ray’s Polar Plunge is an annual fundraiser organized by the Westchester Triathlon Committee for thosebrrr-ave enough to take the challenge and raise funds for some COOL causes.
COVID-19 Race Day Protocol
The Polar Plunge event consists of six waves of twenty-five participants staggered 15 minutes apart. All participants are pre-registered. There is no day of registration. The participants are assigned a wave start time during the registration process. On the day of the plunge, 25 numbered marker flags will be placed on the beach, parallel to the water, 6 feet apart. Participants will be required to sign a waiver agreeing to all policies and hold harmless both the Rye Town Park and Westchester Triathlon.
The event will be held with the following guiding principles;
- CDC Guidelines will be adhered to and enforced
- Social Distancing is required at all times
- Masks are required except when in the water
- Participants cannot change waves. This is to maintain exactly 25 participants per wave
- Participants are instructed to show up at exactly there start time and report to their assigned numbered flag on the beach.
- Participants will plunge, return to their numbered flag, change, and exit the beach.
Final adjustments will be announced 24hrs after online registration closes on the event website and through an email communication to all registered participants.